Launches all new BS-VI Dio starting at Rs. 59,990
February 10, 2020
Innovation in Technology
- NEW BS-VI Engine: 110cc HET BS-VI PGM-FI engine powered by eSP (Enhanced Smart Power)
- Innovation in technology with as many as 20 patent applications
- NEW Silent Start System: Patented ACG starter motor ensures quick, silent, jolt-free start every time
- New Fully Digital Meter: Interactive fully digital meter to share real-time informatics
- NEW Side Stand Indicator with Engine Cut-off* prevents engine start while the side stand is engaged enabling a convenient and carefree ride
Fresh Style Revolution
- Sporty & Aggressive: New design language & redesigned Signature LED position lamp
- Fresh Styling: Fresh new look with NEW Logo & Graphics and NEW Rear Split Grab Rail
Enhanced Convenience & Comfort
- NEW Telescopic Suspension with NEW 12-inch Front Wheel for confident & smoother ride
- NEW Integrated Dual Function Switch: Open the seat & NEW External Fuel Lid from a single switch
- Increased Wheelbase (+22mm) results in better stability
- NEW DC LED Head Lamp**: Convenient slow speed and night riding
New value for customers
- BS-VI Dio is available in 2 variants- Standard & Deluxe
- Attractively priced starting at 59,990 (ex-showroom Delhi)
New Delhi, February 10, 2020 – Fulfilling the commitment towards a greener future and taking #AQuietRevolution forward, Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. today celebrated 18 years of India’s 1st moto-scooter with the launch of all new BS-VI Dio priced starting at – Rs. 59,990 (ex-showroom Delhi).
Speaking on the launch, Mr. Minoru Kato, President, CEO & Managing Director, Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. said, “Leading the BS-VI revolution, Honda was the first manufacturer to take a leap ahead in the industry as early as 6 months before the implementation. We are overwhelmed with the appreciation received from customers as well as media experts for our BS-VI products. Taking forward this journey of #AQuietRevolution, Honda continues to make smooth transition towards BS-VI era with the launch of its 4th BS-VI product – Honda Dio’’
Speaking on the launch of BS-VI Dio, Mr. Yadvinder Singh Guleria, Senior Vice President, Sales and Marketing, Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. said, “Launched in 2002, Honda’s Dio merges the sporty aggressive looks of motorcycle with convenience of a scooter. With more than 33 lac happy customers, Dio is not just one of the highest selling scooters in the country but also the No.1 exported scooter from India. The new BS-VI Dio with its new sporty aggressive design and advanced technology will create new excitement among fun seeking youngsters. We have opened the bookings today at Honda 2Wheeler dealerships across India. The BS-VI Dio will start arriving at our network next week onwards and the deliveries will start thereafter.”
Innovation in Technology
The BS-VI DIO comes with new design and a host of features offering latest technology with additional value to fun seeking young customers. Revolutionising style for the youth, the all new BS-VI Dio is developed with as many as 20 patent applications.
At the heart of BS-VI Dio ticks Bharat Stage VI compliant Honda’s trusted 110cc PGM-FI HET (Honda Eco Technology) engine, boosted by Enhanced Smart Power (eSP) NEW.
New BS-VI Dio brings future technology to the present, bringing India at par with the global standards – the Sophisticated, Precise & Sensitive Enhanced Smart Power (eSP) NEW. A performance accelerator to the HET engine, Honda Enhanced Smart Power (eSP) technology optimizes energy output by maximizing efficient combustion and minimizing friction with a silent start & a smooth eco-friendly engine.
Enhanced Smart Power (eSP) is an integration of the following:
- Unique Honda ACG Starter NEW: It starts the engine jolt free via the same AC generator used to generate current and charge the battery while riding. This eliminates the need for a conventional starter motor, thus, there are no gear meshing noises.
Two mechanical features lead to engine start with less effort – the first being efficient utilization of decompression with slightly opened exhaust valves (at the beginning of compression stroke) and Swing Back NEW feature which rotates the engine in a slightly opposite direction, which allows the piston to take a ‘running start’, making it easier to start the engine with a small amount of power.
- Friction Reduction: Offset Cylinder, compact weight crankshaft & optimized piston reduces overall engine friction. Optimized weight results in improved fuel efficiency.
- Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) NEW: It injects the right amount of fuel in cylinder based on specific engine data and constant feedback from the 6 intelligent sensors. It results in smooth and linear power output throughout.
Tumble Flow NEW: Honda developed the world’s first tumble flow technology through integrated die-casting process. The enhanced Smart Tumble TechnologyTM (eSTT) produces tumble flow by optimizing inlet port shape and using reverse flow phenomenon, without adding additional components leading to combustion improvisation.
New Fully Digital meter with Advanced Information NEW: It gets advanced with 3 New real time informatics like Range (displays distance one can travel with existing fuel in tank), Average fuel efficiency (for overall fuel efficiency display) & Real-time Fuel Efficiency for a rich riding experience. The meter displays details like Total Trip, Clock and Service Due Indicator.
Side Stand Indicator with Engine Cut-off* NEW prevents engine start while the side stand is engaged enabling a convenient and carefree ride.
Fresh Style Revolution
Honda Dio’s fresh design language with redesigned front ribs and new signature LED Position Lamp provide an aggressive stance to the moto-scooter. The modern tail lamp design, sport split grab rail, sharper ‘Dio’ logo NEW & Striking Graphics NEW make it an irresistible choice for fun seeking young customers.
Enhanced Convenience & Comfort
Telescopic Suspension NEW gives a clean and stylish appearance along with better maneuverability resulting in a smoother ride over rough roads.
Engine Start/Stop Switch NEW: The two-way functioning switch can be used to start the engine when pressed downwards and acts as an engine kill switch when pressed upward.
It comes equipped with a unique Integrated Dual Function Switch NEW which provides single switch access to under seat storage space as well as External Fuel Lid NEW offering maximum convenience to the rider. Passing Switch NEW provides the convenience of controlling high beam/low beam & passing signal from one single switch.
NEW Front Pocket: Premium quality front storage open pocket provides a convenient reachable storage option for a hassle free riding experience.
Constant illumination of DC LED headlamp** NEW makes riding over rough roads & low speeds during night more convenient.
Increased Wheelbase (+22mm) inspires rider confidence and leads to better stability.
Making every ride on new BS-VI Dio comfortable and convenient, is the Combi-Brake System (CBS) with equalizer and 3-step adjustable rear suspension NEW.
New meter design comes with 3-Step Eco Indicator to help achieve the best fuel efficiency and On-Board Diagnostic feature of Malfunction light NEW which automatically detects any malfunction in the engine with the help of sensors.
As another industry first, Honda will also be offering a special 6-year warranty package NEW (3 years standard + 3 years optional extended warranty) on BS-VI Dio.
Price, variants & colors
New BS-VI Dio will be available in two variants – Standard & Deluxe. The Standard variant will be offered in 4 color options – Mat Axis Grey Metallic, Candy Jazzy Blue, Sports Red & Vibrant Orange. The Deluxe variant will be offered in 3 color options – Mat Sangria Red Metallic, Dazzle Yellow Metallic & Mat Axis Grey Metallic.
The all new BS-VI Dio is priced attractively starting from Rs. 59,990 (Standard). The Deluxe variant is priced at Rs. 63,340 (prices ex-showroom, Delhi).
*Side Stand Indicator with Engine Cut off is an Optional Part
**DC LED Headlamp will be offered in Deluxe Variant only